We believe in tradition
The pride of this farm lies in breeding pigs in a natural way to retrieve forgotten tastes, just as tradition has it, and the way Tiziano Borghi still continues to do it. The original process, from conception to breeding, to processing and curing the meats is done entirely without compromise; it is the only way to be able to rediscover the authentic taste of the cured meats and products of the past. The Borghi art of charcuterie even today involves ancient procedures and natural products and this is the main feature that makes the finished product so special.
Where pristine forests, before becoming impenetrable, still run into some clearings, our specimens graze in the wild state, in spacious enclosures, free to move and feed as needed. We pursue this kind of traditional and antique breeding, in the perimeter of the lush Terre Matildiche (Lands of Matilde), to give our meat a unique and full-bodied flavour that characterizes all our cured meats and gourmet products.
Our animal mainly feed on acorns, both the sweet ones of the oak and the bitter ones of the holm oak, as well as tubers, roots and organic material of the turf; this kind of nourishment and the possibility for the pigs to move around free guarantees unmistakable qualities:
• The meat is redder, tastier and more savoury compared to other pig meats.
• More dietary properties thanks to the higher concentration of unsaturated fatty acids, particularly Omega 3 and Omega 6.
• The lard of our pigs is rich in oleic acid which helps combat cholesterol, and in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
• The fat, which is a fundamental part of our cured meats, is less consistent and more fluid, much more pleasant on the palate.
• The fluidity of the fat therefore allows the aromas used for spicing to spread more rapidly, ensuring excellent aromatic characteristics of the product.
Visit our farm animals
ORGANIZATION WITH MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CERTIFIED BY KIWA CERMET ACCORDING TO THE RULES:
DT AS. 44 Animal welfare requirements
DT 035 Pork chain without antibiotic
DT 008 Pork feeding no ogm
UNI EN ISO 22005:2008 Chain traceability